Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One foot on the right path, and another out the door

I am striving to start everyday out with something uplifting, whether it's from a talk, book, or scripture. This morning I feel so grateful to know of my divine nature. I started out my morning at work by reading the talk by Elaine Dalton tittled, "Guardians of Virtue" from a young women's broadcast. Since I gave my talk in church on Sunday about Obedience to the prophets I've also had a greater resolve to study the words of modern-day prophets. In the lesson I went to for Sunday school Daniel Jones talked about the difference between "a" prophet, versus "the" prophet. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ we recognize Thomas S. Monson as the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and call him "the" Prophet because he is the Lords one mouth piece. However, there is also the term "a" prophet which includes the twelve apostles and others who are called as special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I am striving to search and study the words from our living prophets so I can do and be all that I can. I am so grateful for the beautiful morning when I walked out the door, and hope it stays that way. Hopefully anyone who reads this post enjoys it, if not that's alright. I just want my blog to be a reflection of all the areas in my life from the spiritual, physical, emotional. So look forward to more like this, plus ones about cooking endeavors, things I learn, stories, family, travels, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones