Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Scooter/Motorcycle Extravaganza

Well, we have an addition to the family. Russell recently invested in a 125cc scooter, which apparently falls into the category of a motorcycle. We've had quite the ordeal getting everything squared away for it from license, tag/registration, and insurance. The first incident that occured was when Russell went to take the written license test. I'll note the only "studying" he did was skimming over the book while waiting to take it. Subsequently, he found out it you fail to read the book, you fail the test. After finding out this unfortunate news he left without following up with the check out desk. Following that we rode out to Winder for a visit. While there Russell had the idea to go by the tag office. What Russell failed to remember was that he had forgotten to reclaim his license, until they asked for it at the tag office. After striking out twice in one day, he was bitterly disappointed. With a new hope Russell woke up Saturday morning at 7:00 to study so he could be at the DMV when it opened at 8. I'm pleased to announce he PASSED!!! Studying paid off :)

Monday morning Russell asked me to go to the tag office in Winder, since I didn't have to go into work until later that day. Seeing as how I love him, I agreed. In preparation to going we both tried calling to see if I would be able to obtain the tag in behalf of him- no one ever answered. As a back up I brought our marriage license to the tag office to verify he was my husband. That was not enough for them. The lady at the desk informed me I would need to have a power of attorney in order to get the tag for his motorcycle. I was FURIOUS!!! The next day Russell tried going to the tag office in Athens, but they told him he had to get a tag that matched the county of the address on his license OR prove his new address. Russell struck out again! He didn't have anything on him to prove our new address. The next day he got off work early to head out to winder to get a tag...and was able to get one!!! YAY!! He also bought insurance, applied to UGA parking services for a permit, AND ordered a helmet all the same day!

Russell is now riding it any chance he gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones