Saturday, July 16, 2011

Guns-n-Roses

Sometimes you have to jump on your horse and shoot a gun, while other times you need to stop and smell the roses. I'm all about taking time to smell the roses, but Saturday was all about the gun show.

Saturday morning Russ and I drove out to Buckeye Ranch to shoot with Daniel and Melissa to shoot some guns. The draw of the day happened to be a 12 gauge shotgun and 9mm pistol. The only experience I had with guns before this experience was a bb gun at the age of 12. Now 23, I was more than ready for a real gun. Daniel was our safety instructor, carefully detailing and demonstrating all the features of the gun. The first shot he made was A LOT louder than I had expected. It made me nervous to pull the trigger when I was up on deck. Finally, POOM!! Yes, Poom not Boom. Boom is reserved for bigger ammo.

Russell definitely did a little better than I, simply because he actually shot a skeet with the shotgun. I on the other hand, only attempted. Nevertheless, it was an AMAZING experience I will never forget! Guess I just need to get a gun license :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones