Sunday, October 4, 2009

Set backs...

So this past week has been one of the most challenging for me, and i would say the Most challenging of this semester.
Sunday was rough suffering with the pains of catching up on school work from going to the game sat- GO DAWGS- and being emotionally strained about meeting deadlines.

Monday was the worst day of the week- starting early with classes, a case study due, 7 day diet menu, and a test for which i had little time to study. After all that i still had classes to go to and FHE to prepare for at church. did you know that it is really hard to find popcicle sticks anywhere?! I tried three different places- still no luck! FHE went well, even though i was still pretty emotional. after it was done i felt i should go to the gym to burn some steam, but before doing so I called my mom back (during which my phone died) and ended up crying! uhh then once i was inside and done with an awesome workout i pulled my hamstrings in my right leg!!!! it popped, that's how i knew. it began to permiate and the pain intensified but it was bareable. On my way home i stopped by Beef obrady's where we have a trivia team that meets. i was late but they got 1st! so proud of them!

Tuesday i could barely walk when i went into work! It was painful and everyone could tell, but i pressed on determined to do my best- making it through work, school, and institute that night. my dear friend christina went and got me an ice pack for me! I was SO grateful! and then my friend ashley brought me flowers and a goodie basket filled with get well items now and for later when i'm able to return to full activity- long distance running! I cried again! I was so deeply touched by her thinking of me to go all out of her way to do that for me! I'm still enjoying the lovely flowers :)

Wed was a LONG day since i went into work for a friend at 7 am the next morning, then came home to gather up everything for the school day including a meal to feed the missionaries later that day. Luckily my leg was getting better and able to walk and sit mostly normal.

Thursday was cram day! I had a test the following day in my hardest nutrition class! Luckily i was able to go to the gym to test my strength & limitations- able to bike for an hour and row :)

Finally friday came- up early for school, work and back to schoool for the test...It was even worst than i imagined :( luckily i was able to go out and get taken for sushi wich was wonderful!
Sat i had to give up something good for something better...Gave up football game and partying to study, clean, and do laundry. all for peace of mind and to try and get ahead. I hope and pray that the Lord will sustain me through this up coming week.

sometimes we give all we've got and that has to be enough- that was me. I had a really hard week and won't expound on everything just the jist to make a point really. I tried to also look for the moments of service extended to me and i didn't even begin to name everything- be it from text, messages, waves,card, phone calls, hugs, meal from one of my sisters, or a thanks from a therapist for my hard work.

Joshua 24:15- Choose ye this day whom ye will serve... who is your master?

1 comment:

  1. dear em,
    this is ____.i read your set backs story. i have a hard time at school to. with BOYS.but mom told me to just keep jesus and heavenly farther in my heart and just ingnore them so i did and it worked.i love you and miss you.

    ____

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones