Sunday, September 20, 2009

Run of my life...

I recently heard this in a fireside that i attended at church by a sister named Elain Dalton I thought about what i've been doing lately...training for a half marathon and so this hit me really hard! i though about my preparation and how hard i've been trying to work to prepare. I realized too just how much is left to get ready for the race, so i don't just finish, but that i perform to the best of my ability.
This same holds true for the sriritual run that i'm on till i return home- to be with my creator. I think am i making every step count? do i take the time to run with God and my Savior everyday? i love the poem foot prints in the sand and how the person asks why there were times when two sets were in the sand and other times only one. the reply is that when there was only one set thats when the Lord was carrying you. I hope and pray that I can be strong enough to run with God everyday and only have to be carried when the highest i can reach is on my knees. Although i feel so many times being hoisted up by the people who love me- Parents, Siblings, Leaders, Freinds, and ultimately the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones