Monday, October 12, 2009

Unexpected delights

Mondays
... are always an intresting start to the week. I go to class all day 10-4:30 and then am responsible for FHE at church where i've given lessons from loving your nieghbor, to gaining a testimony and activities from spelling words with alphabet cereal, making kites, movies, playing trivia and tonight Family Fued!! It has definitely been a lot to plan and keep up activities that everyone can participate in and then provide yummy snacks after as well!
Beef O'Brady's monday night trivia takes up some time too. i usually try to stop by and stay as long as i can but lately i've had a lot on my plate and not able to go the whole time. our name is "Crunk aint dead" because of our friend Matt Crunk. He could basically man a team by himself and do pretty well. the rest of us are there for the random questions. I'm so grateful for good friends in my life that support me and lift me up when i need it. I feel i haven't been there for them as much since i've been swamped at school but i'm working on it and pray i can let them and my family know how much they mean to me.
SO tonight at trivia i was eating and thought i dropped sauce on me. I tried looking down quickly and relieved first to know that it didn't land on the shirt shelf, so i asked looking at Brice if he saw anything on me? he promptly replied, "I don't see anything". As theses words rolled off him tounge, Matt quickly grabbed me, brushing my hair back and had him toungue licking the sauce off of my clavical!! Everyones eyes got big and laughter mixed with a few gaspes let loose. I sat there shocked at what had happened! Christina laughingly said, "Emilee you are red!" I'm sure i was, but leave it to Matty to lay down the unexpected. I hadn't even surprised him with a cake yet! LOL! That instance was not let go of the rest of the night, nor will it for a while! Good thing I know him well enough to laugh about it and his Bday is tom so Happy Birthday Matt Reynolds! haha
I have appreciated SO much having meals provided for me, whether it was from being taken out on a date or made for me it has been so awesome! I guess when you get in college away from home you REALLY appreciate a Hot meal and even more so if it's healthy too! That's a double wammy! The other week i stoppped by my sister renee's house and everytime i went by dylan or she had just finished cooking dinner! Lucky right? So the formal agreement that they formed with me is that if I hold the baby so they can eat a hot meal for ten mins, then they'll feed me for free! Nice trade off right? the only variable is when it might be ready :) My other sister Robyn also recently fed me last sunday along with the clantons! Like my Mom always says and now i echo it on MANY occassions, "It's not what you know but who ya know, not what you got but what they got"!

3 comments:

  1. You are always welcome in our home. We love our little agreement and Eliza does too. We all win :) Take care and I'll see you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO! I found your blog...love how your personality and honestly shines through your writing...I will def. be keeping up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out and following people. Katy I tried clicking on yours but i couldn't look at your page if you post the link to your page maybe i can just put u into one of the blogs i manage/follow.

    Look forward to many more stories to come!!

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones