Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Trottin'

No pics yet, but this year was my dad's 10th annual Turkey Trot. This year was fancier than in years past, we got t-shirts! (Thanks to Josh Wilson for sponsoring them!) We also celebrated Coach Cranford for his 25 years of commitment to our running community. I never was a runner in High School, but he is quite a man. Over 200 people came out to recognize his achievements. Also this year was Russell's first experience with my family for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely amazing to see so many friends and family and have him apart of it. I'm so thankful to the LORD for allowing granny and Grandaddy the opportunity to be together with us that day. Grandaddy had spent almost a week in the hospital, and my poor Granny missed him dearly.

Also for thanksgiving weekend we spent time at Russell's parents for the Johnson family Christmas sing-a-long :) There were plenty of soups and pies to consume! During the sing-a-long I was able to share one of my family traditions of singing & acting out the 12 days of Christmas! Russell does not like the song, but he was a trouper, along with Uncle Scott who insisted on yelling at everyone during the 3 calling birds... that's TEN times! Lol.

Yesterday was also special in that is was 1 yr ago when Russell and I got engaged! I'm much less stressed now than then :) Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones